Chinese Color Painted Porcelain Plate - Hundred Heirs of Joy (百子图)
26.5 45 $26.50 - $45.00
Traditional Chinese color painted porcelain plate of Hundred Heirs of Joy, the famed Ming Dynasty painting depicting 100 boys in various play settings in a typical Ming Dynasty garden and playground. The Chinese legend tells the story of King Wen of Zhou Dynasty (ca. 1150 BC - 1050 BC) that he had 100 sons and thus secured the continuing good fortune and prosperity of Zhou Dynasty. The Ming version painting of Hundred Heirs of Joy soon became a Chinese traditional symbol of fertility, good fortune and prosperity. The setting shows the details of the court yard, garden and playground typical of a wealthy or royal family and the children's plays (kiting, Go game, firecracker, lion dance, music instruments, hide and seek).
- Decorative porcelain plate
- Chinese Bai Zi Tu (Hundred Heirs of Joy)
- Symbol of fertility, fortune and prosperity
- Product of Jinde Zhen, the capital of traditional Chinese pottery production.
- Diameter: Medium - 10 1/4 in. Large - 14 1/8 in.